Sunday, July 1, 2007

I am a hater today

For today I am a hater, but just today. I hate mowing the lawn and picking up the clippings. I hate trying to start my mower. I hate the way the little pieces of grass stick to my legs. I hate that my mower doesn't have a mulcher and I hate that I crawl aroung on my hands and knees getting the clippings because I am too cheap to buy a rake. I hate that I am cheap. I hate cleaning the garage and the way my face gets so red when I work outside. I hate sweeping my garage with the broken broom. I hate scooping the cat box. I hate the way the litter box smells. I hate that no matter how much laundry I do there is more behind it. I hate when I have to wash a spoon to eat oatmeal. I hate that my good bra is in the washing machine and I have to wear the one that flatters me sooo well (if I was 80 maybe). I hate this mood that I am in. I hate the C isn't here to help me do all of the above. I hate being a single parent. I hate that addiction has robbed me of my friend, lover and partner parent. I hate being afraid for my kids. I hate having a headache and not being able to cook dinner for the kids because of the throbbing pain in my temples. I hate lots of things today.
p.s. I normally don't let negative attitudes like this rule me, but every once in a while I have to get it out. That is why I have my blog. I feel better already.

1 comment:

joy said...

Isn't the blog wonderful for that? Get all that crap out, my sister, and take some Motrin, go to bed, and wake up a new woman.

I'm learning, slowly, that a bad feeling for a day doesn't have to make for a bad life. I can cry and bitch and scream and hurt and get it all out, go to bed, wake up the next day, and start fresh. It's a really useful skill.