Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Three and one to grow on....

Today is my littlest baby's birthday. She is 3. She thinks she is 5 so if you ask her how old she is you get that answer. We went to Chuck E Cheese and C and I had a ski ball competition. I kicked his ass. It was fun.

The text books are coming in without incident and I am enjoying receiving something other than bills in the mail. I am a dork and have already scanned most of the first chapters of the books I have so far. I love school. I love most things about it. I love the accomplishment you feel at the end of a semester and I haven't taken one class that I didn't enjoy. Those that I thought I would hate I loved. Such is life.

C is calling on the warrants and tickets all by himself. I guess my little man is growing up. Sniff. He told me the other day that he is a man. I think he means it. That makes me happy. At 33 he should be. He is mentally growing up. It was hard living with a 20 year old so I am happy to see the 30's catching up with him. I guess it is true that when the addiction starts the brain stops!

I did get really mad. For the last years of our marriage he slept on the couch. It was symbolic really, him not in my bed. I put him there. He wanted to be there. It was easier to drink or smoke or snort without me in the way. One of my conditions when moving back in was that he go to bed with me and stay with me. In the middle of the night he gets up and eats (thin as he is) and falls asleep on the couch. It is really pissing me off because it flashes me back immediately and I freak. I have not gotten out of bed except once to "check" on him, aka. police sort of checking.

I did have my house booby trapped one time to catch him (hiding places, etc) but I will not ever go back to that.

Well I have to catch up on the reading and have to play with my princess (she really is a princess with the glittery pink gown on she received). Have a wonderful night!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
A.N. said...

C sounds like Chris. Eating and falling asleep. And the funny thing is, instead of being mad that we have to buy buy buy for him to eat eat eat, I am happy. Because he is eating. He is getting a little tummy, finally. Like days before. I am happy that he is eating and gaining weight like a normal human.

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Happy birthday to your baby girl. And Chuck E Cheese -- let me tell you, in our household, there is no higher treat for the kids! Lucky 5, I mean 3-year-old girl! ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks very much! I appreciate your help!