Friday, August 3, 2007

Lessons learned

There are two types of people in this world: the "get it over with" folks and the "I'll get to it folks". It never fails that these two people hook up with one another. It has to be as frustrating to one half as it is to the other. It must make them want to yank every hair out of their heads like it does to the other.

I will give you one guess which one I am. I will give you one guess which one C is. If you had me pegged as the get it over with type then you do know me. I cannot begin to describe the level of frustration I feel when I am cleaning the kitchen and getting the kids things together for an outing with grandma and there he is eating and watching a dvd (that he has already seen and I am dying to watch by the way). If my head could seriously pop then he would need to call in a steam cleaning company because brains would have been all over the carpet.

So I am in here trying to relax and not fight. Then he comes in and disrupts my flow of writing because my boobs are nearly hanging out of my pjs and I know he is horny. He tells me he loves me. He smells like Pi (my fav cologne)and gets the kids out of the bath.

We have learned a lot from our past and I have learned to step away and not fight. There is no winner only losers. It is a hard pill to swallow and I have a hard time saying I am sorry. I have learned that the right way is the hard way and if it is hard to say I am sorry then it must be right.

3 comments:

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

I did guess that you were "get it over with." My husband and I are both "I'll get to it," which is hard too -- I think we want someone to get to it, just not either of us. ;)

The Discovering Alcoholic said...

I am still trying to learn the lesson about not fighting. I know I am deranged, but I like to fight. Correction, I like to win.

But you are right, nothing good ever comes from fighting with one you love. Just in the last few years have I figured this one out, and it has become another part of my recovery process.

A.N. said...

I will hunt you down and punch you right in your face if you don't start writing more!!!!!! :)