Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sunday, Sunday

I have had the first lazy Sunday that I have had in a while. It is nice to never get out of your pajamas. Well, you take a bath and change into different pajamas, but it rocks! I did do the dishes and fix the garbage disposal. I am woman, hear me roar!

So C and I are being as honest and open about the future. We both know what it takes to stay sober, stay honest and stay happy. We are not fools and we know that hard times always come with good, but it is how we handle it that makes the difference.

Like the warrant issue. I cannot tell the story without it sounding like a transcript of a Maury Povich episode. The warrants needed to be satisfied. We get down there and do the bonds. Lo and behold! An outstanding warrant. Another $1000 down the drain. I am not mad at him. We both called that county on separate occasions so set up payment arrangements for 4 tickets and even asked, "Is that all?" to which we got a "Yes" but apparently not.

I used to truly believe that police were honest and as long as you did the right things then they would work for you. Wrong. I have been lied to twice and the only wrong things I have ever done was a seat belt ticket in high school, a speeding ticket and a ticket for out dated registration. The end. Oh yeah, and a MIP in high school for being around people with alcohol at a street dance in the town I lived in. That was a crock of shit.

At any rate. I am really down with law enforcement and it will take a lot to resume that level of respect. I even donate annually to the something fund for fallen officers and their families. Ugh. Reality sucks.

So that is Sunday. Nothing big. Which makes it my favorite kind of days. And for the codependents out there, he is calling these places too. I am not doing it for him. Me saying this almost sounds like an admission of guilt, huh?

3 comments:

longvowels said...

I used to believe in law inforcement to until I missed to school bus in HS and instead of bringing me and my friend home, they brought us to the station, sat us next to the hookers and sexually harrassed us until they decided to bring us back to school. All this at 16.

Anonymous said...

Corrupt cops are part of my story of horror that I keep a secret from everyone. Suffice it to say they almost killed me when I was 24 years old.
Glad he's making his own calls. I could tell you some stories about getting calls from wives to try to clear their husbands warrants, etc. that would make you never make a call for him again. don't forget--I work (when I have a job)in the court system. lol.
Peace,
Scout

Anonymous said...

Hey -- how are you? It's Wednesday!